In order to help keep participants safe during club activities, the Saskatchewan Cycling Association has prescribed a number of measures that all clubs are required to follow. These will necessitate some changes to our typical ride routine.
All participants are required to sign a COVID-19 Waiver. This is done through the CCN registration site. If you signed up prior to the waiver being available, you should have received an e-mail mid-June prompting to to update your registration. All registrations / waivers must be collected electronically (no paper copies).
- Anyone showing COVID-19 symptoms must stay home
- Ride groups will be limited to 10 people
- 2 metre social distancing must be maintained at all times, before, during and after the ride
- Riders must carry their own hand sanitizer
- No sharing of food / tools / water bottles
- Participants should not carpool with anyone outside their immediate family
- Any mechanical issue may only be worked on by the rider of the bike or a ride leader. If the ride leader renders assistance the bike must be wiped with a sanitizing wipe before and after the work is performed and the participant receiving assistance must stand a safe distance from the bike.
- If there is an injury, the person providing medical help must first put on PPE (gloves, mask and sanitize).
We are required to track event participation as we have always done in the past, however we cannot hand around a sign-in sheet. The ride leader will log attendees when ensuring everyone has signed the COVID-19 waiver.
The full Saskatchewan Cycling Association Return to Play Protocol can be viewed here: PDF