Wearing a bike helmet is a policy set by the Saskatchewan Cycling Association. All members of the Wascana Freewheelers are required to wear a proper fitting bicycling helmet for all club rides.
Membership and Group Ride Participation
You must be a member of the Freewheelers club and a member of the Saskatchewan Cycling Association to participate in any biking event, however, those interested in trying the club out can fill out a waver to participate in one trial ride, and for guest, this waiver must be filled out for each ride they attend, and is not to be used in lieu of club membership. No exceptions! The SCA insurance policy requires everyone taking part in any club ride to be a member or have filled out a waiver. This is for your protection (club membership includes injury and liability insurance, among other benefits), as well as being fair to the rest of the members of the club.
- Saskatchewan Cycling Association (SCA) membership, which includes:
- Membership in the Canadian Cycling Association
- Discount card for participating bicycle stores
- Vote at Annual General Meetings of the SCA and the Freewheelers
- Free use of club equipment – tent, panniers, stove, etc.
- Rides, friends, fun, food.
- President: Geoff Ellis
- Vice-President: Ian Toms
- Treasurer: Ian McIntosh
- Tour Coordinator: Jim Mcgrane
- Wednesday Night Coordinator: Bianca Vigneux
- Secretary: Peggy Martin McGuire
- Communications: Kitt Kelly
- Past President: Gordon Kerfoot
You must be logged in to post a comment.