Geoff will lead city / highway loop in the northwest of the city. Riders meet at Juniper Park on Stockton Street just behind the north Home Depot for a 10:00 am start. https://goo.gl/maps/mFzHF8ode1Y3tcv86
Please sign up here to help speed up the pre-ride process: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_M4rIlnTonxHHsZMRZnX_pxyy0QFQYLaA_f82hHm92s/edit?usp=sharing
Distance: 23 km or 28.5 km (will decide at start of ride)
Terrain: Highway and city street and neighbourhood
23 km: https://goo.gl/maps/pcogJxYALGSXQREW6
28.5 km: https://goo.gl/maps/KmLPAd2JePuaJzs87
Ride leader: me (Geoff). Contact cell #: 306 520 8003
Every rider must sign both the regular SCA waiver and the SCA COVID-19 waiver.
- This is done when you buy your 2020 membership (https://ccnbikes.com/#!/memberships/saskatchewan-cycling-association-2020-annual-license-membership). If you bought your membership before the waiver process was implemented, you should have received an email from CCN with a link to complete the waiver.
- Alternatively, the waivers are also available on the SCA website. You can print these off, sign them, scan or photograph them and then e-mail them to the club. You can e-mail them to me. (email@example.com)
- Regular waiver: https://saskcycling.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/CCA-Adult-Waiver-Mar-2012-Reviewed_Dec_2013-with-PSO-Name-1.doc
- COVID-19 waiver: https://saskcycling.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Sask-Cycling-Association-SCA-Adult-Waiver-COVID-2020.doc
(Note: new comers who want to try the club out can use the print/sign/photograph plan. A newcomer can participate in exactly 1 ride before needing to purchase a membership.)
The ride leader will sign you in and ensure:
- Your waivers are complete and on file.
- We have contact information for you so we can assist with contact tracing if that becomes necessary.
- You are not currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or under a self-isolation order.
As the ride leader, I'm also going to review the ride protocols with everyone. This may involve me waving a tape measure around to demonstrate a 4 meter gap.
- 4 meter distance between riders while we're moving
- 2 meter distance at all other times (red lights, stop signs, rest stops, etc)
- Maximum of 10 people per group.
- Bring your own stuff (water, snacks, sunscreen, bug spray, tools, spare tubes, hand sanitizer)
- Don't touch other people's stuff. If you do, it must be sanitized.
Post ride protocol
Maintain social distancing after the ride.
As a club, we won't be coordinating a trip to a particular restaurant after the ride. If you do go for food, there are lots of choices for snacks near the finish line so spread out. As much as I'd love to herd everyone over to one of the nearby patios for a post ride beverage, that is not an option yet. We'll get back to that soon.
I hope to see you Saturday. Stay safe.