Since 1983 the Wascana Freewheelers Bicycle Touring Club Inc. has drawn together cyclists in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Club members have a variety of cycling interests ranging from short in-town rides to sight-seeing tours. Bicycle safety, maintenance, outdoor exercise, food, fun, fellowship, camping, supported and self-supported cycle touring are part of club activities.
Whether you presently ride around the block or prefer longer excursions, the Wascana Freewheelers have a ride or tour for you. Come out and participate in club events. Helmets are mandatory on all Wascana Freewheeler rides.
- Promote and encourage cycling for recreation and transportation primarily around Regina and Saskatchewan.
- Educate members directly and the public indirectly, on legal, safety and technical matters pertaining to bicycling.
- Assist in the establishment and protection of the rights of cyclists.
- Carry out these objectives in accordance with those of the Saskatchewan Cycling Association and the Canadian Cycling Association.
The Wascana Freewheelers Bicycle Touring Club is affiliated with the Saskatchewan Cycling Association (SCA). Apply online at the at Saskatchewan Cycling Association Membership page.
- Saskatchewan Cycling Association (SCA) membership, which includes:
- Membership in the Canadian Cycling Association
- Discount card for participating bicycle stores
- Vote at Annual General Meetings of the SCA and the Freewheelers
- Free use of club equipment – tent, panniers, stove, etc.
- Rides, friends, fun, food
Wearing a bike helmet is a policy set by the Saskatchewan Cycling Association. All members of the Wascana Freewheelers are required to wear a proper fitting bicycling helmet for all club rides.
Membership and Group Ride Participation
You must be a member of the Freewheelers club and a member of the Saskatchewan Cycling Association to participate in any biking event, however, those interested in trying the club out can fill out a waver to participate in one trial ride, and for guest, this waiver must be filled out for each ride they attend, and is not to be used in lieu of club membership. No exceptions! The SCA insurance policy requires everyone taking part in any club ride to be a member or have filled out a waiver. This is for your protection (club membership includes injury and liability insurance, among other benefits), as well as being fair to the rest of the members of the club.
- President: Geoff Ellis
- Vice-President: Ian Toms
- Treasurer: Ian McIntosh
- Tour Coordinator: Jim Mcgrane
- Wednesday Night Coordinator: Bianca Vigneux
- Secretary: Peggy Martin McGuire
- Communications: Kitt Kelly
- Past President: Gordon Kerfoot