Since 1983 the Wascana Freewheelers Bicycle Touring Club Inc. has drawn together cyclists in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Club members have a variety of cycling interests ranging from short in-town rides to sight-seeing tours. Bicycle safety, maintenance, outdoor exercise, food, fun, fellowship, camping, supported and self-supported cycle touring are part of club activities.
Whether you presently ride around the block or prefer longer excursions, the Wascana Freewheelers have a ride or tour for you. Come out and participate in club events. Helmets are mandatory on all Wascana Freewheeler rides.
- Promote and encourage cycling for recreation and transportation primarily around Regina and Saskatchewan.
- Educate members directly and the public indirectly, on legal, safety and technical matters pertaining to bicycling.
- Assist in the establishment and protection of the rights of cyclists.
- Carry out these objectives in accordance with those of the Saskatchewan Cycling Association and the Canadian Cycling Association.
The Wascana Freewheelers Bicycle Touring Club is affiliated with the Saskatchewan Cycling Association (SCA). Apply online at the at Saskatchewan Cycling Association Membership page.
- Saskatchewan Cycling Association (SCA) membership, which includes:
- Membership in the Canadian Cycling Association
- Discount card for participating bicycle stores
- Vote at Annual General Meetings of the SCA and the Freewheelers
- Free use of club equipment – tent, panniers, stove, etc.
- Rides, friends, fun, food.
- President: Gordon Kerfoot
- Vice-President: Geoff Ellis
- Treasurer: Ian McIntosh
- Tour Coordinator: Tamela Friesen
- Wednesday Night Coordinator: Bianca Vigneux
- Secretary: Peggy Martin McGuire
- Communications: David MacNeil
- Publicity: Karen Hardy
- Past President: Barbara Shourounis